Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Living Water

Thinking of my little brother David today, far away in Afghanistan. Sometimes I get so afraid for him, away from home and family and so near danger and things that threaten; spiritually, mentally, physically.
But today God reminded me that He is living water, that He is near David amidst the desert of this war, and that all is in His hands.

He holds the power to rescue, love, save, refresh, build up, protect.

And today, I know that He offers that to David in the way that he needs it, because God is who He says He is.

I rest in that.


"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." - Isaiah 58:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, I wrote David and email today... he is lucky to have a sister like you. I will continue to pray for him.

Eric