Saturday, May 8, 2010

Journey.

(Sorek Valley. Shephelah - The place where worldviews meet. Israel, 2009).

God is BIG. God is not limited to my understanding of Him. God tells me that with His help, I am capable.

And I feel in my heart, this day, His call for me to GO.

I have many distractions to my going: Money. Fear. Debt. People I love. Insecurities. Home.

But my heart is beating and His voice is speaking, and I want to be BRAVE in this. I want to walk with boldness.

I want to GO in obedience, trusting in the voice of the One who calls me forth. The kind of trust that takes a step without seeing blessing before.

Stepping out and then watching for God to move.

The Jordan didn't stop flowing until the priests had already put one foot in. Sometimes the obedience has to come first.

go. go. go.

I mark today as a turning point.

Today and tomorrow and the next day I will keep my eyes open to God in the details of my path.
I watch for His provision.
I hope in His Word.
I wait in anticipation.

Antipation for the journey He lays out before me, for His work.

Here I am God.

SEND ME.

2 comments:

mp said...

after i finished reading the book crazylove, i had a similar sentiment... Father, SEND ME. i didn't know where, but i started looking for it. i started asking Him -- where? do you want me to move back to latin america and live on mission? do you want me to open an orphanage? do you want me to start some urban ministry? where, God?

i kept asking Him. and i kept trying to force His hand... i did some pretty weird things just seeing if He was going to lead my heart towards them.

then... jeremiah 29. He wrote it into my heart: "build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. increase in number there; do not decrease. also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."

and i thought -- shit. He wants me to invest, He wants me to build where i am. shit. :)

i'm not saying this is for you, too; i am asking you to open your heart to Him in this also. i am encouraging you to open your heart to ask Him.. because maybe you've already been sent.

love your heart & honesty. :)

Sarah said...

I love this MP. Like you, the idea of going = staying makes me think...CRAP. But I want to be at a place of surrender, whatever that looks like. Even if that means being rooted and planted for a while. I guess we'll see. :) It encourages me to hear how you are listening and obeying. Thanks for YOUR heart.