Thursday, July 22, 2010

great love.

I get lonely sometimes.

And although I am learning how to bring my loneliness to God, sometimes it doesn't go away.

Because sometimes what I am lonely for is strong, tangible arms to wrap themselves around me.

Sometimes (ok, lots of times) my loneliness is for human touch - for contact, for the physical, for someone to put their arm on my shoulder and let it rest there for a while.

And right now, that's a loneliness that can't be met in my life.

Which is hard.

And of course, lonely (duh).

But I think right now, just maybe, that kind of loneliness can be a good thing.

(it's all in how you look at it, right?)

It can be a good thing because it's a constant reminder in me of this deeply rooted desire I have to experience a great love.

A desire that was placed in me by my Creator.

A desire that motivates me to seek out not only God, but community as well.

And although, at this current moment in life, I can't get wrapped up in someone's arms or rest my head on someone's shoulder or hold someone's hand under the table - that's ok.

Because I can let God sit with me in my longings - let Him comfort me in my desires - let Him speak to me in my loneliness.

And I can be a part of the adventure He's putting in front of me, RIGHT NOW.

I can pray and love and sing and live and run and explore and journey and laugh and encourage and learn and write and be brave and study and share and smile.

And hope.

Yes, I can hope.

I can rest in the great love that is currently before me,

and I can hope.

No comments: