Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Glimpse.

"Your eyes will see the King in His beauty." -- isaiah.

-----

"In a little while you will see (theoreo) me no more, and then, after a little while, you will see (horao) me." -- Jesus to the disciples, john.

Theoreo: to look carefully at, to fasten one's sight upon - the word describes the effort which is made to gain an accurate view of something in order to understand its meaning.

Horao: to see with the eyes - transitively, implying not the mere act of seeing, but also the actual perception of some object. To experience a revelation of something, be exposed to something, encounter, witness, and more intensively, to partake of or share in something, be in the presence of something and be affected by it.

-----

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." -- corinthians.

-----

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh, I will see God; I myself will see Him. How my heart yearns within me!" -- job.

-----

No comments: