Monday, September 13, 2010

Acknowledge.

"Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live by bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years. Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you."

--Deuteronomy 8.

"The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as He did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries His son, all the way you went until you reached this place. In spite of this, you did not trust in the LORD your God, who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go."

--Deuteronomy 1.

"She has not acknowledged that I was the one
who gave her the grain, the new wine and oil,
who lavished on her the silver and gold.

Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her."

--Hosea 2.

-----

Oh Lord, Gracious Father, forgive my unbelief.

You have been faithful all my life, and I have seen many wonders - yet still I forget.

It is You who lead. It is You who plan. It is You who carry.

And you do it so well.

I acknowledge today your care, your discipline, and your incredible presence in my life.

I thank you for this desert.

And I thank you for Your tender voice, ever before me, alluring me and speaking to me above the rest.

No comments: