Friday, September 3, 2010

Heart.

While in Costa Rica, I had the privilege of talking to a classroom of young kids about Israel.

And it was the coolest, most amazing experience - one of the best things I have ever been blessed to be a part of.

-----

I stood up in front of the class, and as soon as I said the word Israel, their eyes opened big and wide and I had their undivided attention.

And when I said the name Jesus, they collectively, as a class, "oohed" and "aahed" and "wowed" and sat up in their chairs.

And then, when I started showing pictures, they all clamored around as close as they could and pointed at everything - amazed at the smallest, tiniest details.

And when I asked if they had any questions, their little hands shot up, one by one by one.

-----

And the entire time I was talking, I could feel a certain spirit growing in the room.

excitement.

awe.

joy.

curiosity.

WONDER.

And even at the very end, when we all bowed our heads to pray, those kids were so excited to say a few words for their friends in Israel - prayers for peace and family and happiness.

It was absolutely beautiful.

-----

And as I bowed my head and listened to each one of those little children's prayers, I could only think one thought - I could only pray one prayer:

"Rabbi, help my heart to be like theirs."

-----

"Anyone who does not receive the Kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." -- mark.

1 comment:

a.slenk said...

You have no idea how often these guys humble me....