Thursday, November 4, 2010

a new kind of ok.

God's grace is so refreshing. And it shows up in the most surprising of places. I had a rough couple days this week, battling with a lot of fear and unrest. In the midst of it all, I cried out to God, and He answered with such interesting grace. So interesting and so funny that my heart can't seem to stop thinking on it and reflecting in its light and feeling grateful to this God who lets me call Him my own - this God who summons me and offers me His Name.

It feels like falling in love.

Last night, I listened to a Tim Keller sermon about the shock and oddity of Paul's claims to the new believers that it didn't matter if a person decided to get married or be single or stay a widower - all ways were good.

Why could Paul claim this to a society whose lifeblood was the family?

Because now we have JESUS.

Jesus. lover of souls. provider. identity-maker. value-giver. protector. companion. the ultimate bridegroom.

On top of that, we get to be part of a community of believers that offers many of those very same things.

We are surrounded, on all sides, by love.

What blessing. What privilege. What comfort. What joy.

No matter our status or circumstances, we'll be ok, because God set up for us a community of people that takes care of each other.

We'll be ok because Jesus loves all of us more than we could ever need.

1 comment:

Anna said...

this one got me too… we have a crazy hope- in a perfect God, and in a relationship that is more than enough. More perfect than any marriage, so fullfilling that we lack nothing if we are single.

His grace is amazing. amen and amen.