Sunday, March 27, 2011

the gracious Father.

A mentor of mine once taught me that in Biblical times, if a family didn't want or felt they couldn't support a baby, there were designated fields where newborns could be left to die. It was an ancient form of abortion - after birth, the babies would be left lying under the sun until the heat of its rays did its brutal work.


Death by exposure.


I remembered this yesterday as I read the following passage in Ezekiel 16;


"On the day you were born, you were left lying, rejected, in the open field. When I passed by you and saw you wallowing in your own blood, I said to you: 'Live in spite of your blood.' I let you grow like the plants of the field; and you continued to grow up until you attained womanhood."


-----


God the Father rescued us.


He passed us by in the fields and in love decided to pick us up, take us out of the sun, and call us His own. He adopted us.


And now, instead of unwanted children, we are sons, daughters, and heirs of a King.

1 comment:

bendedspoon said...

Thank you so much for this one. I'm grateful that God take me out from the field a number of times :)