Sunday, April 10, 2011

and it is so.

the word amen means and it is so.

I forget that sometimes.

normally I pose the word amen to God as a plea or a question, rather than a sanction and a claim that His Word and His promises are true.

in fact, there is a verse in the psalms that says God's promises are right now standing in heaven, already realized.

to root this idea in me, i've recently been trying to shift my heart's definition of amen, hopefully opening up within myself a new and fuller perspective, a bigger trust.

I want my entire being to WHOLEHEARTEDLY believe in the truth of God's words, making me able to act on them in bold faith.

"the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie. though it tarry, wait for it, for it will surely come, it will not delay."

the time is coming.
the promises are true.
our God is trustworthy.

amen.
amen.
amen.

-----

habakkuk 2.

2 comments:

David V. said...

Wow, funny how such a little word can change your whole perspective.

Sarah said...

true story.