Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Very End.

(Masada - Herod's desert palace and location of the Zealots' last stand in the Jewish Rebellion against Rome. Israel, 2009).








I ran my first half-marathon on Saturday.


And while I was running, I noticed something.

When it comes to people

who cheer me on,
there are two types:

...
there are those people that

recognize my pain,

empathize with my exhaustion,

and offer me

words of comfort.

...

And then there are
those people that
smile at me,
look me in the eye,

and tell me

that they believe in me.

Those people who

remind me that

I am stronger than I think.

Those people that

tell me

again and again

with confidence

that I can make it to the end,

and that

I have what it takes

to end well.

...

Both types are good.

...

But which type,

do you think,

helps me to

run faster,

fight harder,
feel stronger,
and perservere
to the very end?

No comments: