Monday, May 31, 2010

Source.

God is love.

He doesn't just offer love or bestow love or pour love forth...He is love. When it comes to God, love isn't a verb. It's a noun.

And because of that, it's impossible to come into the presence of God and not experience His brand of furious, relentless, and powerful love.

Because He's it.

So when it feels like I don't have enough love to cover something, the reason might be that I've been edging God out (with my own desires or my own laziness or my own need to be right all the time).
It might even be that some reassessment, some prayer (maybe even some repentance) is needed on my part...it might be that the situation needs a little more God and a little less me.

Because this God that is love is the source of all good and true things,

(which means that)

Loving well isn't mustering up enough strength to treat someone kindly in a hard situation - loving well involves coming into the presence of an Almighty God and being so filled up with His bold.relentless.astounding LOVE that you can't help but for it to spill over into every other part of life.

Love isn't an action - it's a reaction based on an encounter.

If we want to love the world
and love it well,
then we need
do little
more
than

stay near the source.

No comments: