Friday, March 2, 2012

roots.

thus said the L-RD:

cursed is he who trusts in man,
who makes mere flesh his strength,
and turns his thoughts from the L-RD.
he shall be like a bush in the desert,
which does not sense the coming of good:
it is set in the scorched places of the wilderness,
in a barren land without inhabitant.

blessed is he who trusts in the L-RD,
whose trust is the L-RD alone.
he shall be like a tree planted by waters,
sending forth its roots by a stream:
it does not sense the coming of heat,
its leaves are ever fresh;
it has no care in a year of drought,
it does not cease to yield fruit.

most devious is the heart;
it is perverse - who can fathom it?
I the L-RD probe the heart,
search the mind -
to repay every man according to his ways,
with the proper fruit of his deeds.

O Throne of Glory exalted from of old,
our Sacred Shrine!
O Hope of Israel! O L-RD!

heal me, o L-RD, and let me be healed;
save me, and let me be saved;
for You are my glory.

No comments: