Friday, April 2, 2010

By His choosing.

(Capernaum stones, Israel 2009)

The only thing in my life that I am certain of at this very moment, is that I serve a Rabbi who never stops leading me in faithfulness.

My life is not constant. Not even close. Hope washes over me, fear overtakes me. My step is sure, my step falters. I see the light before me, I stumble through the darkness. Spirit and flesh, love and selfishness.

Ever-changing, this life of mine.

But He...

He.

He...Yeshua, kind and wise Rabbi from Nazereth, does not change. He is always before us, always speaking to us in His sure and quiet way...reminding us that no matter what happens, there is one thing that we can know...We are His.

We.

Are.

His.

And even better? We are His

by His own choosing.

...

Every day, every moment, every breath, he chooses us...again, and again, and again.

He calls us forward as His own...

beckons us as sons and daughters, disciples and heirs.

And His choice, His call, is constant.

He is faithful in it.

...

And for a life that is ever-changing, shifting, growing, breaking, and so utterly unknown...being chosen is a powerful truth to stand on.

to rest in...

hope for...

cling to...

leap from...

...

Yes. It's true.

We are His.

And by His choice.

...

What a beautiful gift...

What astounding grace.

No comments: